Members of CNYWS have exhibited in galleries and museums throughout the United States.
Our Artists have been busy painting and preparing for these wonderful shows.
You will not want to miss their new works!
Mark your calendar and plan on visiting these shows!!
Call for Entry Forms for each of these exhibitions will be added below as they become available.
View Watercolor Requirements here. View Packing Regulations here.
CNYWS Annual Juried Associate and Signature Exhibition
This show is open to all CNYWS Signature and Associate Members.
Cooperstown Art Association, Cooperstown, NY October 2018
Sandy Rooney, Chairperson
Check back for forthcoming details.
CNYWS Signature Shows
1st Signature Show
Noreen Reale Falcone Library - Wilson Gallery
Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY March 1st to March 29, 2018.
Reception to be held on March 11th, 2 pm - 4 pm at the Wilson Art Gallery.
Wilson Gallery Signature Show Call For Entries with Entry form is available here.
2nd Signature Show
Kirkland Art Center, Clinton, NY August 7th to September 13, 2018.
Reception to be held on August 12th, 4 pm - 6 pm at the Kirkland Art Center.
Delivery for the show will be July 31. Take-down will be September 14.
Watercolor Requirements for the Central New York Watercolor Society Exhibits
All work must be original. No reproductions will be accepted. Works done at a workshop or under the supervision of an instructor are not eligible. Paintings done from published photos or reference work that is not the creation of the artist are not eligible. Paintings shown at previous CNYWS exhibits are not accepted. All paintings must have been executed within the past two years. All work must be in water-soluble media on paper or *Yupo, approved 8/1/14, matted with white or off-white mat and glazed with Plexiglas only. If double matted, thin colored liner is acceptable.
Water-soluble media include: transparent or opaque watercolor, casein, gouache, egg tempera, and acrylic painted in an aqueous manner. A limited use of pastel, collage or ink, not constituting more than 10% of the painting is allowed.
We encourage our Signature Members to exhibit in our two Signature Member Exhibitions and all members to participate in our juried exhibitions. We would ask that you submit only your very best work. Remember that these exhibits are our showcase.
All artwork must remain in the show until it is over.
Packing Regulations for the Central New York Watercolor Society Exhibits
Please follow regulations to ensure your work is accepted into CNYWS exhibitions. Regulations apply to all works entered into CNYWS Shows unless delivered by a professional shipper via UPS or USPS. Any container not complying with these regulations will not be accepted by a collector or the show committee and will not be accepted into the exhibition.
- All paintings must be framed under Plexiglas. No glass will be allowed.
- All art must be boxed in a container that can be easily carried by one hand. If container is too large, hand holds should be cut into the container for ease of carrying.
- The box should be designed for ease of opening and re-sealing.
- The size of the box must be appropriate to the size of the larges painting in the box.
- Internal cushioning shall be limited to solid materials designed to hold the painting in place. It should be evident how the painting is to be removed from carton. The packing materials should be anchored in place for ease of returning painting back to container. Please no Styrofoam peanuts.
- Two paintings in one box should be separated by cardboard, insulation spacers, cloth or foam bags.
- Each box must be labeled with the artist name, address, email or phone number. Please also include painting(s) title and size.
- Signature Members sending work by UPS or USPS must send to Shipper/Receiver no later than 'deliver to collector' deadline date of the exhibit. All shipping fees, to and from, are the responsibility of artist.